At Prime Legal Abogados , we believe advising clients in Civil Procedural Law cannot be limited to technical assistance related to the different phases comprising a process, but rather view the figure of a lawyer as a partner accompanying and guiding the client in the broadest sense from the very moment they arrive at the firm with their issue.
To this end, we believe an in-depth analysis and understanding of the controversy is as important as dominating the procedural resources in order to define the right strategy to benefit the client either in or outside the process.
Thus, the Department’s philosophy places special emphasis on the pre-procedural and out-of-court phases in a view to exploring different means for resolving conflicts all while assisting, advising and guiding the client and always without prejudice to any appeals in court when the specific situation so requires.
Regarding the actual litigation process itself, we offer comprehensive advising covering all types of court processes in the civil jurisdiction, whether they may be ordinary, verbal, small debt claims, collections procedures, enforcement proceedings or special hearings in addition to insolvency proceedings.
And, in line with the foregoing, we also provide assistance for litigation in arbitration courts of all kinds and before any type of arbitration board or tribunal.
As for the specific issues and services in which the Civil Procedural Law Department specializes, the following may be highlighted:
• Breach of contracts and claims relating to the interpretation of civil and commercial contracts including lease-related issues.
• Contractual and non-contractual liability of all kind. Within this area, we specialize in construction law claims deriving from hidden construction defects or other aspects inherent to the building process.
• Monetary and mortgage foreclosures.
• Baking law: legal advice for our clients, whether they may be private individuals or banks, on any type of issue or matter in this field: floor clauses, multi-currency mortgages, nullity of contractual clauses as well as claims from the Bank of Spain or the Spanish National Securities Market Commission.
• Business conflicts of all types: challenges to corporate resolutions, director liability actions, etc. In this specific area, the Procedural Civil Law Department of course always relies on the assistance of the Commercial Law Department which analyses the business legal issues in depth.
• In rem rights and mortgage law. • Consumer and user defense in court or arbitration.
Finally, this Department also offers assistance to clients when drafting and interpreting civil contracts. In this area, our experience has shown us that procedural practice allows for a global and preventive vision which, when it comes to contracts, can help predict problems that may arise with certain stipulations in order to correct them in advance.